We saw a few goodies coming from Sonos this morning including support for Android tablets including the Kindle Fire as well as support for Slacker Radio. And well, both of those came along with the most recent software update for Sonos systems. The update comes as version 3.6 and also includes a few other goodies — some of which includes Sonos Labs, AAC+ code support, additional languages and improved Spotify integration. Breaking those down a bit further and we have the following;
- Improved Spotify integration on Sonos, giving Spotify fans on Sonos access to their Spotify Inbox and ability to play music from Spotify’s new releases and top tracks.
- More local language support with Danish and Norwegian
- MOAPI enhancements for ratings, richer metadata, and error handling.
- Support for AAC+ music formats.
And in terms of the Sonos Labs, that comes as follows;
- Be the first to test out music services before they’re officially added to the Sonos Music Menu.
- Access Sonos Labs within More Music on your Sonos Controller. Click on any or all of the music services listed to enjoy them on Sonos.
- Remember these services are still in Beta so expect the unexpected.
- Provide feedback as you listen—the good and the bad—on the Sonos Labs Beta Feedback website to help us improve the service.