Roku recently announced a software update for the Roku 2 and Roku LT set-top boxes. And well, it looks like they have returned with another announcement — an iPhone remote control app. Yup, Roku has offered up a remote app for the iPhone — and better yet, it comes as a free offering. The Roku Remote app for the iPhone has arrived as version 1.0.0 and with the requirement of needing iOS 4.2 or later. As for the features, they come as one would expect and include the following;
- Launch or rate any channel with a tap of your finger.
- Use a simple touch and swipe based remote control. Includes instant replay, back and options buttons.
- Easily browse hundreds of channels in the Roku Channel Store.
- Quickly add and remove channels to/from your Roku player.
- Control and switch between multiple Roku players.
Otherwise, the Roku Remote app for the iPhone will work with all Roku players and similar to other iPhone remote apps — your iPhone will need to be connected to the same network that your Roku is set up on.