Huawei had their official announcement this morning and announced the global roll-out of the Ascend P1 S smartphone. And nicely done, they had some units on-hand so we were able to spend a few minutes checking out the new device. Overall, the Ascend P1 S feels really good in hand. It has a 4.3 inch display so it is a bigger phone however given the thin (6.68mm) thickness — it feels really small. Otherwise, the now becomming standard goodies are also included such as a 1.5GHz TI OMAP 4460 Cortext-A9 processor and 8 megapixel rear facing camera. The handset will debut running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Bottom line, the phone looks good and the phone feels good. In fact, the only issue we could find in the short time we had to play — it is very glossy and very shiny. So far nothing was given in terms of a US release date, however while we are waiting we do have some images for you to check out.
by Robert Nelson on January 9, 2012 at 5:05 pm
TAGS: android, android smartphone, ascend, ascend p1, ascend p1 s, ascend p1s, ces, ces 2012, ces2012, consumer_electronics_show, gadgetell, gadgetell news, huawei, huawei ascend, news, p1, p1 s, p1s
- CES 2012: Hands on with the Sony Xperia S smartphone
- GadgeTell Review: Huawei Ascend P1 smartphone
- CES 2012: Hands on with the Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G smartphone for MetroPCS
- Huawei Ascend II smartphone now available with US Cellular
- CES 2012: Huawei to launch world’s slimmest smartphone, the Ascend P1 S