Those using a Motorola ATRIX 2 with AT&T may want to be on the lookout for an update notification to arrive. Yup, the ATRIX 2 has an update ready and waiting. And no, this is not going to give you anything fancy — read: no Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. But that aside, judging from the changelog that was provided by the folks at Motorola, the update contains numerous fixes and enhancements — it looks worthy of installation. Anyway, the update arrives as software version 55.13.25 and “can only be downloaded over a Wi-Fi network.” With that, here is what one can expect once the update has been downloaded and installed;
- Google Music: Addition of Google Music application so you have greater access to the world of music. Shop millions of songs and hundreds of free tracks. Store your purchases on Google Music for free, and listen instantly on your mobile device.
- My Gallery, My Music, My Files: Re-naming of Motorola Gallery, Music, and Files applications for easy access in the Applications Tray
- Device Security: Enhancements to deliver greater device security, including addition of Android security patches from Google and Cisco Any Connect VPN enablers.
- Emergency Alerts: Enhancement to allow you to receive emergency alerts from authorities such as Hurricane warning notifications.
- Amazon Kindle: Enhancement to include link to app for quick and easy method to access your library of Amazon digital books as well as access to the entire Amazon library.
- AT&T Messages: Enhancement to include link to app for quick and easy method to give you access to all of your texts, calls and messages which have been stored in the cloud.
- Keyboard: Improvements to keyboard functionality for better email experience
<li>Mobile Hotspot: Improved stability for better overall performance
<li>Webtop: Enhancements to improve stability and better overall performance
And lastly, once the update has been downloaded and installed you can navigate to Menu -> Settings -> About phone and verify that it all went as expected. Hint: you should see the following;
- System version 55.13.25.MB865.ATT.en.US
- Android version 2.3.6
- Baseband version 2011-11-16.23.52.Off.Bld LUD_EDISON_R1D7_PATCH_36_111116_2336
- Webtop version WT-1.3.0-176
- Kernel version 188.8.131.52-g98a0a06 hkdp76@ca25rhe91 #1
- Build number 5.5.1-175_EDMR1.25