We are still filing this in the rumor category, however it looks like Samsung will be offering some Ice Cream Sandwich beginning on March 1st. The handsets that are expected to get the update include the Galaxy S II and the Galaxy Note. The details are coming by way of Twitter, from a trusted person in the industry and state that Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich will be available as an over-the-air update and through Kies. And while all of that sounds pretty good up until this point — it does come with a catch. Eldar Murtazin stated that the update “will be officially available from March 1″ but that the actual roll-out will depend on the country and operator. Bottom line here, Samsung may be releasing this update on March 1st, but that does not necessarily mean that your carrier will be releasing it on the same day.
by Robert Nelson on February 11, 2012 at 6:16 pm
TAGS: android, android 4, android 4.0, android smartphone, android update, galaxy, galaxy note, galaxy s, galaxy s ii, ice cream sandwich, ics, rumor, rumors, samsung, samsung mobile, update, upgrade
- Samsung posts Galaxy Note image showing a TouchWiz-free Ice Cream Sandwich
- Samsung announces ICS upgrade details for the Galaxy S II, Galaxy Note and other Galaxy devices
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Ice Cream Sandwich updates set to begin in July
- The Samsung Galaxy S II won’t get Ice Cream Sandwich on Saturday
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich now available for the T-Mobile Galaxy S II