The electric skateboard isn’t a new invention, but the ZBoard is trying something rather unique. This electric skateboard can reach speeds up to 17 miles per hour while letting the rider easily dictate speed. The ZBoard is equipped with two foot pads that will make the board accelerate or decelerate depending on how much weight is applied. The ZBoard is selling for $499 for the Classic version and $749 for the Pro version. The difference between the two is due to the more efficient lithium-ion batteries that are included with the ZBoard Pro.
There is also a Kickstarter page for the ZBoard. According to the Kickstarter page, money obtained through Kickstarter will go towards “purchasing of components and setting up our in-house manufacturing and quality control process in California.” Backers of the project will be rewarded with special items such as decals, a t-shirt, a custom ZBoard or custom engravings.
Here are some other facts about the ZBoard:
- It shouldn’t be used in the rain
- Performing tricks isn’t recommended
- Charging is done in about five hours from any 110V outlet
- The ZBoard can ride for around 5-10 miles
- There’s a weight limit of about 225 pounds
- The ZBoard weighs between 30-37 pounds