There are certain things you do that you just assume will be hard and take a bit longer, but it seems that for most — this time of year one thing comes pretty easy — finding Girl Scout cookies. Seriously, between that friend you have with a daughter, the co-worker in your office or the simple act of trying to visit a big box retail store and seeing the cookie booth sitting out front. Needless to say, it looks like the Girl Scouts of the USA want to make sure you have absolutely no trouble
finding spending your money on cookies this year. An updated version of the Cookie Finder app has come available in the iOS App Store with compatibility for the iPhone and iPod touch. Bottom line, download and install the Cookie Finder app on your iPhone and you will be able to navigate your way to some cookies with the magic of GPS. And aside from finding cookies, the app also offers the option to get social with sites such as Facebook and Twitter. That all being said, here is the complete “feature” set for the Cookie Finder app, though we are pretty sure you have already stopped reading in an effort to find those cookies.
- Find ‘em on the go: iPhone’s GPS will read your location and show you cookie sales nearby.
- Easy to sort and view: Sort the listings by date or radius, or view them all on a map.
- How far will you go to support your local Girl Scout troop?: 15 miles? 50 miles? Expand or limit the radius of which the app searches your area for sales.
- The most comprehensive data available: The app contains cookie sale data from around the country, including the start and end of local cookie seasons to specific locations of sales.
- Tell your friends: Post a cookie sale location to Twitter or Facebook, or send your friends an email.
- Vote for your favorite: Tell us—and the world!—about your favorite Girl Scout cookie. Cast your vote on the app and share it on Facebook and Twitter.
- Not just a one-time thing: Use the “Bookmark” feature to save upcoming cookie sales.
- Cookies everywhere: Find cookies by zip code to find them in areas other than your current location.
- For iPod too: The app is compatible with iPod when it’s connected to the internet. Input your zip code and find your cookies!
- Link up with Girl Scouts: Follow us on Twitter, join our group on Facebook, check out our new site just for girls, visit the cookie webpage, view videos on YouTube, and check out photos on Flickr!
- No cookies? No way!: Connect with your local council to find out when you can get your cookies again.