Sony Mobile has announced the upcoming availability of the Xperia S smartphone for those in Canada. The handset will bring compatibility for the Rogers network, however it will be available by way of the Sony Stores as opposed to direct with any carrier. The Xperia S will be available beginning on April 17th and so far the price remains a mystery. Anyway, while we wait for the pricing (and also hope that the Xperia S will arrive subsidized with Rogers), lets recap those specs. The Sony Xperia S will arrive running Android 2.3 Gingerbread along with hardware features to include;
- 4.3″ Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine with HD resolution screen (1280 x 720), as well as front (720p) and back (1080p) cameras for HD recording.
- 1.5GHz dual-core processor for fast browsing and content download, which can be stored on the internal 32GB flash storage.
- 12MP rear-facing camera with Sony Exmor R™ for mobile.
- NFC enabled to access growing range of NFC applications.
- With HD sharing through DLNA, HDMI and using BRAVIA Sync for controlling your Xperia S with your TV remote control when connected to the TV, Xperia S delivers a full HD experience on TV.