The folks over at TmoNews have uncovered a leaked T-Mobile document. Said document is one that Android users are likely going to want to see. Based on what we have seen, the document includes a list of devices that are going to be launching over the next few months and perhaps more important for current T-Mobile Android device owners — when some handsets are going to be updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
That being said, lets begin with the ICS bit. This portion of the document mentions three handsets — the Samsung Galaxy S II, the HTC Sensation 4G and the HTC Amaze 4G. The Galaxy S II is showing an upgrade date of May 14th and the remaining two handsets are showing an upgrade date of June 16th. Obviously still some time, but more important, these dates have yet to be official confirmed by anyone at T-Mobile.
Secondly, the new device list. This portion of the documents offers up six names including some from Huawei and some from Samsung. Keep in mind though, while there are device names and dates, some of these handsets are still a mystery. With that, the six upcoming devices include the following’
- May 9th — Huawei Astro — low end handset on 7/11
- July 11th — Huawei Buddy — new myTouch (QWERTY)
- July 11th — Huawei Phoenix — new myTouch (Touchscreen only)
- July 11th — Samsung Gravity TXT (new color)
- August 1st — Samsung Cacao, T159 indicates low end
- August 15th — Samsung Apex Q — no word on what this is