We recently mentioned the Wood Camera app, and well, it looks like another iPhone camera app has come available in the iOS App Store. This latest is by a name that many will recognize — Polaroid. The app is called Polamatic by Polaroid and promises to bring back the “instant magic of the original Polaroid camera.” That bit aside, the Polamatic app is available for iOS devices running 5.0 or later and is priced at $0.99. The app is currently sitting at version 1 and brings features to include the ability to snap or import an image and then choose from 12 Polaroid frames and 12 photo filters. Additionally, the app will also allow the user to then write a caption and share that newly created Polaroid using Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr, Instagram and email. Finally, a breakdown of the features comes as follows;
- 12 Authentic Polaroid borders. The Polaroid borders are not computer generated, they are high quality scans of new, used, and vintage Polaroid frames.
- 12 Photo Effects to customize your photo any way you choose. We give you plenty of effects so will be sure to find the one that you love.
- 12 Add text to your Polaroid, after choosing from 12 different handmade fonts.
- Share with anyone! Share your polaroid via FaceBook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr, Instagram, or email. You can also save your Polaroid directly to your iPhone photo library.
- Take pictures directly within Polamatic. Control camera settings like flash, grid, and the front or rear camera.
The Polamatic Store allows you to purchase additional polaroid frames and effects. Select from:
- Vintage Polaroid Pack – 12 authentic Polaroid frames. High resolution scans of Polaroid frames from multiple eras.
- Chroma Polaroid Pack – 10 colored Polaroid frames. Want a touch of color on your Polaroid frame? This pack is for you.
- Photo Effects Upgrade – 12 additional photo effects. Additional photo customization options with this upgrade.