The Weather Channel app for the iPhone has been updated. And based on what we have seen in the iOS App Store description — this post should serve as a warning for those using The Weather Channel app and fear change. Simply put, the app has been updated to version 5.0 and as that arrives, it was noted as being the “first major redesign since our initial launch in 2009.” Simply put, this update brings a good amount of change. That being said and for those who are curious and for those who are ok with the change — here is what version 5.0 of The Weather Channel app for the iPhone (and iPod touch) brings;
- Swipe between locations within the app, and swipe to the far left position to return your TruPoint(sm) current location
- Beautiful weather-triggered imagery changes the app background based on your local weather conditions
- New easy-to-use buttons: “Find Me Now” button integrated with Search icon, Standard Search icon replaced the open search box, Settings / Information icon now on all screens, Detailed weather data collapsed for better visual experience with expandable button for more information
- Improved location management to easily save, edit, and delete your favorite locations
- Prominent severe badges quickly alert you of severe weather conditions
- Add your own photo to the app – customize the background image to be a personal photo and add different weather overlays (within Settings)
- A built-in camera button on the Home Screen – take pictures and share through iWitness, Twitter, Facebook and email. We may even share your weather photos on The Weather Channel or weather.com.
The app remains available for free. Those with the app already installed can fire up the App Store and check for updates. Otherwise, a search (or click on the link below) will get you to the correct location in the iOS App Store.
Via [iOS App Store]