New music app Apollo is set to become available on Google Play store. But first, the app’s developer just announced that said app has also merged with the CyanogenMod Community. This means that while you wait for the music app to be released on Google Play, it will also be included in the next release of the CM software. The Apollo music app is geared as an alternative to the stock Android music player. With its integration with CyanogenMod, the app’s features now include the following:
- “Recent” tab, that shows your recently added tracks and a “Genres” tab.
- You can swipe through your library similar to the Google Play Music app.
- Replaced the old expandable list in the “Artist” tab with a new grid list.
- Your artist images and album art are fetched for you and added accordingly.
- Swipe the bottom action bar to view a set of music controls
- Long press the bottom action bar to view your queue in a special way
- Touch an artist to view their albums and swipe over to view their tracks.
Also, for those who can’t wait for the app to become available on Google Play, the APK file of the app is available now for download. However, you must have an Android 4.0 ICS device to use it.