Along with the launch of the Galaxy S III smartphone, Samsung has also launched the Music Hub. The service will initially be available for those in France, Germany, Spain, Italy and the UK and will be available in both a free and premium version. The premium version will be priced at €/£9.99 per month.
The premise of the Music Hub is simple, offering users a combination of on-the-go access to their personal collection as well as a music store and radio functionality.
The Music Store portion is powered by 7digital who have 19 million tracks available — all with 30-second previews as well as the ability to purchase by the album or individually. Those making a purchase will then have access from the cloud, on their devices and can also cache the track for offline listening.
Otherwise, in terms of the Music Hub Premium subscription level, this one allows the user to upload their personal music collection so they can then listen and stream that collection from wherever they may be. The premium listeners will also b able to enjoy unlimited streaming from the millions of songs in the Music Hub catalog as well as discover new music from the available radio stations.
Some of the other features of the Samsung Music Hub include scanning and matching, recommendations and a web player. Finally, here is a further breakdown of all the features (as touted by the folks at Samsung);
- Scan & Match Cloud Locker: Upload your music to the cloud so you can play it anywhere. Music Hub utilizes scan & match technology to decrease upload time and ensure high-quality playback. Any unmatched songs are directly uploaded from your library so you can access rare or personal recordings (100 GB of storage for all unmatched songs). When you edit playlists or purchase music, your collection stays automatically updated across all authorized devices.
- Catalog of millions of songs: Enjoy full access to our entire catalog to stream or purchase, with unlimited plays and no advertisements. Search for new music, create playlists, share songs with friends, and view lyrics and album information.
- Radio: Relax and listen to the music you like with personal radio and programmed stations. Create personal stations based on songs and artists you love, or browse genre stations recommended and tailor-crafted by the Music Hub team. Hear a song you like? Tag it so you can find it later and play it again whenever you want.
- Recommendations: Discover great new music all the time with customized recommendations for songs, artists, albums and radio stations. The more you listen, the better recommendations you’ll get.
- Optimized for Mobile: Music Hub is optimized specifically for your Samsung device. Advanced streaming and downloading options let you save storage space, play music when offline, and cut down on cellular data usage. Audio settings are designed to prolong battery life and ensure smooth streaming even under spotty network coverage.
- Web Player: In addition to the mobile app, users can access their music library and the Music Hub catalog/store online at www.musichub.com. The Web Player allows users the freedom to play their music easily on any PC.