Viper has announced the latest update for the SmartStart. This update brings the SmartStart up to version 3.0 and with the new number comes a few new features. The new goodies include a SmartSchedule, Cloud-Connected Car, Vehicle Status, Auxiliary Channels and Vehicle Diagnosis. These are further described as follows;
- SmartSchedule: Cutting-edge new mobile tech that sends smart behavior-based alerts when it’s time to remote-start your car.
- Cloud-Connected Car: Ground-breaking new connectivity through the Directed Cloud Services (DCS) network that links the car, app, end user and the internet.
- Vehicle Status: Not only can you locate your vehicle with GPS – but know that it’s running, armed, locked, and more.
- Auxiliary Channels: A new feature with literally limitless potential, customize your app to interact remotely with any part of your car – roll down your windows/sunroof, blast the radio – anything that you can imagine! Make your own Viper SmartStart experience.
- Vehicle Diagnostics: Get ahead of engine trouble – alerts sent to your smartphone help you know the health of your car from the cloud.
Additionally, another nice perk — SmartStart 3.0 removes the need for a monthly service plan. You see, Viper has also released a SmartStart Bluetooth module which is available for a one-time cost of $129.
Bottom line here, if you have an Android, iOS or BlackBerry smartphone and have been itching to remotely control your car — the SmartStart should at least be an option to consider as it seems to do just about everything one could want.
Via [PR Newswire]