It appears as if Amazon has quietly launched a new promotional offering. One dealing with MP3’s and Android apps. The offer seems simple enough,
buy download some Android apps from the Amazon Appstore and get a $1 credit to use toward a purchase from the Amazon MP3 store.
The nice part here, the apps that you need to ‘buy’ are all free. Yup, Amazon is giving away $1 MP3 credits for downloading free Android apps. Granted, we suspect this probably has something to do with inflating app download numbers, but hey, we are getting $1 credits so we are not going to complain.
This offer is already in effect and will run through June 13, 2012. Additionally, any credits that you do get have to be used no later than July 31, 2012. Some of the free apps include TuneIn Radio, Slacker, Pandora, Angry Birds Free, Fruit Ninja Free, Draw Something Free and yes, even the Amazon MP3 app. With that, the little bit of fine print comes as follows;
- Amazon MP3 downloads redeemed by this promotional offer will not be reflected on the final order checkout page. Whether you received a code or a credit, you will receive an e-mail from Amazon that indicates the dollar amount of the code or credit for MP3 downloads, and, in the case of a credit, that the dollar amount of the credit has been added to your customer account. The email will also provide instructions on how to redeem the code or credit and download Amazon MP3 products.
- If you pre-order or order the qualifying product and place it in your Shopping Cart but do not complete your purchase of the qualifying product, or if you return the qualifying product, you will not qualify for the promotional offer.
- Offer good while supplies last; no substitutions or rain checks permitted if supplies of any particular qualifying product run out prior to expiration of promotional offer period.
- Promotional offer applies only to qualifying products sold by amazon.com displaying the offer message on their product information pages on the amazon.com website. Qualifying products not displaying the offer message, or sold by other merchants or third parties, and all other types of items, do not qualify for this promotional offer.
- You must purchase the qualifying item during the promotion period indicated in the promotional offer details.