Spotify today is giving its user base in the US a very nice treat by way of an update to its iOS app. The updated Spotify app has included the radio feature, giving users in the US free access to unlimited music through various streaming radio stations available from Spotify. These means that aside from the more than 16 million songs on Spotify’s catalog, you will also have access to limitless music delivered by streaming radio stations.
With the updated Spotify app for iPhone and iPad, you can now do the following:
- Create an unlimited number of stations and listen to them as long as you like
- Save tracks to your Spotify playlists, especially those songs which you “like”
- Personalize stations in real time by “liking” tracks to hear similar music
- Browse friends’ playlists and create radio stations on those lists
- Hear new songs recommended through Spotify’s recommendation engine
- Access a catalog of more than 16 million tracks
The Spotify radio feature is available now for both free and premium subscribers in the US. For those outside the US, the radio service is available only for premium subscribers. For those who have not installed the Spotify app yet, it is available as a free download from the iOS App Store, the more reason that you should get now that the radio feature is activated, but that is of course if you’re in the US.