Among the many third-party keyboard replacement apps for Android, SwiftKey is among the most popular. Even during its beta state, the app has already received accolades due to its predictive text input technology and auto-correction feature. Now, SwiftKey in its version 3 has finally left the beta mode and is now available on Google Play for half its regular price. So you can grab the app now for only $1.99. SwiftKey 3 boasts of some great features including Smart Space or the ability to detect mistyped or omitted spaces, two new themes namely Cobalt and Ice Cream Sandwich, enhanced UI with larger space bar and smart punctuation key, and additional language support. Additionally, the app’s previous features were also greatly improved. These improvements include:
- A dedicated comma key, and the <123> key in the bottom-left corner.
- Refined Smart Punctuation pop-up for better, more consistent behaviour.
- Improved Smart Space functionality for easier email addresses and URL entry.
- Reduced lag on some devices for a more responsive experience.
- Reintroduction of the long-press duration setting by popular request.
- Further improved prediction algorithms for even more accurate next word suggestions.
- Updated gestures for easier shortcuts
Included below is the official press release for SwiftKey 3 Android app.
SwiftKey 3 launches half price on Google Play today for $1.99
SwiftKey 3, the next generation of the award winning keyboard app for Android devices, comes out of beta and is available to download on Google Play half price today for $1.99 / £1.49. SwiftKey 3 now offers the most accurate and complete auto-correction and prediction available on any smartphone or tablet.
The new version introduces a major leap forwards in auto-correction in addition to a wealth of other industry leading features, including:
Smart Space – adding to SwiftKey’s already cutting edge correction, Smart Space detects mistyped or omitted spaces across strings of poorly typed words in real-time.
Two new themes – a new theme, ‘Cobalt’, to match SwiftKey’s new look and feel, and an Ice Cream Sandwich-styled ‘Holo’ theme, as voted for by SwiftKey’s VIP community.
An enhanced UI – a much larger space bar and smart punctuation key help improve accuracy and make it quick and easy to access common punctuation.
Additional languages – SwiftKey 3 now offers support for an additional seven languages, bringing the total up to 42. The new languages are Korean, Estonian, Farsi, Icelandic, Latvian, Lithuanian and Serbian.
“This new version of SwiftKey really provides the easiest, quickest and most accurate way to type on a touchscreen,” said SwiftKey CEO Jon Reynolds. “Now you can focus on what you actually want to say when typing on a touchscreen, rather than struggling with typos and bad auto-corrections.”
The app has been continuously refined since its initial beta launch in April, thanks to the feedback of SwiftKey’s VIP community of over 65,000 testers. The improvements include:
– A dedicated comma key, and the <123> key in the bottom-left corner.
– Refined Smart Punctuation pop-up for better, more consistent behaviour.
– Improved Smart Space functionality for easier email addresses and URL entry.
– Reduced lag on some devices for a more responsive experience.
– Reintroduction of the long-press duration setting by popular request.
– Further improved prediction algorithms for even more accurate next word suggestions.
– Updated gestures for easier shortcuts.
– Several bug fixes.
SwiftKey’s next word prediction is now so powerful that the company is also putting the app’s underlying technology into the hands of doctors and nurses. In addition to SwiftKey 3, SwiftKey Healthcare launches today to help health professionals take faster and more accurate notes on tablet computers. In early trials of the product, its language models designed specifically for healthcare helped clinicians save an average of half the time they usually spent typing. SwiftKey’s first entry into the enterprise market illustrates the wide range of contexts that can benefit from this groundbreaking technology.