This is not exactly a confirmation, however at least one retailer has put forth a release date for the Verizon Wireless Galaxy S III. That retailer is hhgregg who have offered up an availability date of July 12th. While we wait on the official nod from Verizon, which we hope will arrive sooner rather than later, we do see this as sort of fitting the pattern. To begin with, July 12th is a Thursday, a popular launch day for Verizon. Secondly, we have been watching the shipping dates on Verizon inch closer to the 12th — what began as July 9th crept to the 10th and is now showing as the 11th.
by Robert Nelson on June 26, 2012 at 5:35 am
TAGS: android, android 4, android 4.0, android smartphone, galaxy, galaxy s, galaxy s 3, galaxy s iii, ice cream sandwich, pre order availability, pre-order, preorder, samsung, samsung mobile, verizon, verizon wireless, vzw
- Verizon confirms the July 12th launch date for the Galaxy S III smartphone, does it in a sort of shady way
- Verizon Galaxy S III ship date slips by a day, goes from July 9th to July 10th
- Verizon Wireless Galaxy S III pre-orders are expected to ship by July 9th
- Samsung Galaxy S III slips to a “will ship by” date of July 19th with Verizon Wireless
- Verizon Wireless will be releasing the Samsung Galaxy S III “in the near future”