We all know that Apple is about to redesign the App Store once iOS 6 is released. In fact, there’s a latest leak into this redesigned interface showing its update history section. According to this leaked information, there is an upcoming update to the official Twitter app for iPhone. For those who are not aware, the official Twitter iPhone app has been beset by several criciticisms due to the fact that it’s kind of underpowered when it comes to features as compared to Twitter.com. But that’s about to change once the update to the Twitter app is rolled out.
Thanks to the leaked information about the upcoming Twitter 4.3, we now know that the app will have more new features which will focus more on interactivity, enhancement to the notifications, faster searching, performance and other useful more wanted features. 9to5 enumerates the new features of Twitter 4.3 as follow:
- More interactive Tweet view experience: content previews, videos, images and more will now be shown within tweets containing links to “partner websites.”
- Tweets about “selected events” will now be highlighted. Twitter will curate the relevant tweets and images
- In the Connect tab, autocomplete improvements will be now be present. Twitter rolled out something similar to their official website last week.
- Major push notifications enhancement: You will now be able to choose to receive push notifications when certain people tweet
- Like in Tweetbot, you will now be able to receive unobtrusive Twitter notifications while you are using the app.
- The Discover tab will now be able to alert users when new content is ready for perusal
- Personalized Trends
- You will now be able to tap a user’s avatar to be taken to their profile page
- Improved performance
- You will now be able to manually input your password when having authentication issues
- Hungarian localization
Additionally, the new Twitter will also be sporting a new logo as well as a plethora of app tweaks and bug fixes.
Via [9 to 5 Mac]