It looks like the shipping times for the 16GB Nexus 7 tablet have slipped a bit. A quick check of the Google Play store is now showing a time of 3 to 4 weeks for the 16GB model. The 8GB model on the other hand is still much quicker — currently at 1 to 2 weeks. I guess we can now see fairly easily which is the more popular model of the two. Then again, our own Jeremy was more than happy to grab the 8GB model. Of course, he is planning to supplement the lower internal storage with his Kingston Wi-Drive. I guess it all depends on how you plan to use the tablet. Me personally, I stick mostly to the cloud for my media, however still opted to go with the 16GB model. Either way, it looks like those who waited to order may end up waiting a bit longer for an actual delivery.
by Robert Nelson on July 17, 2012 at 11:27 am
TAGS: android, android tablet, google, google play, Google Play Store, nexus, nexus 7, nexus 7 tablet, nexus tablet, shipping, shipping times
- Nexus 7 (16GB) tablet availability dries up, gets shifted to a ‘coming soon’ listing in the Google Play store
- Nexus 7 tablet now available with Staples, showing as limited inventory and in-store only
- The 16GB Nexus 7 sales were stopped because Google underestimated the demand
- Nexus 7, the 16GB model, now back in stock in the Google Play store
- Google releases the Nexus 7 tablet guidebook, grab a free copy from Google Play