Tuesday afternoon marked the arrival of the latest title update for Don’t Starve. This update is called Naughty & Nice, and it takes the game one step closer to completion. When we first wrote about this update, we told you about a new character named Krampus that will steal your stuff. Krampus is just one big part of this update, but there are many other changes that have taken place as well.
First off, let’s discuss what makes Krampus tick. Krampus will only come around if you’ve been too naughty. Being naughty involves doing things such as stealing and cooking Tallbird eggs. If you do nice things like warming the eggs until they hatch, Krampus will keep his distance.
Some more changes to Don’t Starve include 60hz performance on more powerful computers, the inability to stack Tallbird eggs and automatic saves when exiting the game.
Here is the full changelog straight from Klei Entertainment.
- Krampus will punish you if you are too naughty.
- Don’t make the bees angry.
- Spider nests are crawling with activity.
- Bird and rabbit traps are more animal friendly.
- You can build a bird cage.
- You can hatch Tallbird eggs to gain a new friend.
- Steam client runs at 60hz on fast computers.
- Game saves on exit. It also auto-saves every mornings.
- Updated minimap art to make biomes more readable.
- Traps should work properly again.
- Dead pigs respawn more slowly
- Tweaked the fire fuel values a bit (they were too high after the hot fixes)
- Cooked mandrakes actually have effects now.
- Tallbird eggs are no longer stackable.
Source [Don't Starve]