We’re right in the midst of the holiday season! Hanukkah has begun, Christmas is a week and a half away and the MMOs are beginning their festive events. Among the first is NC Soft, which will start spreading the holiday spirit with its nondenominational Guild Wars 2 Wintersday events starting December 14, 2012.
This year’s theme is “toys” and while the Gem Store will have special items to buy until January 3, 2013, a series of special events will be happening in-game between December 14-20, 2012. Of course, the last event actually runs until January 3 as well, so you don’t have to visit Guild Wars 2 on December 20 and can put that last part off until after Christmas.
To make it easy for you to keep track of what’s happening, here’s a nice, organized, Guild Wars 2 Wintersday schedule.
- December 14, 2012: The Lion’s Arch Mystic Forge snow globe will host a Bell Choir music game, Winter Wonderland obstacle course and Snowball Mayhem PvP matches.
- December 15, 2012 at 10am PST: Tixx and Toxx visit The Grove and people can take part in events to see Tixx’s gift for the sylvari.
- December 16, 2012 at 10am PST: Tixx and Toxx visit Divinity’s Reach and invite participants to board a workshop for events to see the gift for humans.
- December 17, 2012 at 10am PST: Tixx and Toxx’s next stop is the Black Citadel, where people can see events revealing the gift for the charr.
- December 18, 2012 at 10am PST: Tixx and Toxx stop by Hoelbrak for more events involving a gift for norn.
- December 19, 2012 at 10am PST: Tixx and Toxx’s last stop is Rata Sum to give the asura a gift
- December 20, 2012 at 10am PST – January 3, 2013: Tixx and Toxx end their tour at Lion’s Arch, where the flying The Wondrous Workshop sets up camp until January 3. Players can get a gift from Tixx at his workshop then go through a Toypocalypse event where all of Tixx’s toys lose control and must be destroyed to save Wintersday.
The good news is, if you can’t make it to Guild Wars 2 Wintersday every day between December 14-20, you can still catch up. Once Tixx parks his workshop at Lion’s Arch, all of the previous events can be encountered there. So even if you missed one day, you can still find out what happened and earn all the various rewards.
Read [Guild Wars 2]