Need a new-to-you video game system in your life? GameStop has you covered so long as you’re willing to buy between January 27 and February 2, 2013. The store is holding a Re-Fun Your Refund sale and the primary goal of this sale event is to get you to buy a used PS3, PS Vita, Xbox 360 or Wii at a pretty awesome price.
Yes, the system deals are quite lovely at GameStop this week. The Vita is among the best though. You can get a pre-owned Vita with a 8GB memory card for $189.99. Normally the Vita is $249.99 and the memory card $29.99, so that’s a rather nice deal. If you want a console, you can get a $269.99 used, 320GB PS3 with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, God of War III and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. If you prefer Microsoft, a 20GB, used Xbox 360 with Battlefield: Bad Company, Fable III and Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City is $179.99. The best deal, however, is perhaps the $99.99 used Wii bundle, which includes the system and Bakugan, Kirby’s Epic Yarn, Link’s Crossbow Training, Star Wars Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels and Wii Play.
There are also an assortment of game deals. In some cases, you get something for free, in another the price is just greatly discounted. For example, 12 months of Xbox Live Gold are $39.99 this week. Or, you could take part in the buy one pre-owned DS or Wii game, get one for 50% off deal. It’s best to just say you have options. Let’s look at the more specific ones now.
- Bully (Xbox 360) – $19.99
- Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3, Xbox 360) – $19.99
- Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two (PS3, Wii, Xbox 360) – $29.99 on Wii, $39.99 on PS3, Xbox 360
- Far Cry 3 (PS3, Xbox 360) with Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (PS3, Xbox 360) – $59.99
- Halo Reach (Xbox 360) – $19.99
- Kinect Zoom (Xbox 360) – $19.99
- Prototype 2 (PS3, Xbox 360) – $24.99
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (Xbox 360) – $14.99
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (PS3, Xbox 360) – $19.99
- The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition (Xbox 360) – $24.99
Madden 13 (PS3, Xbox 360) – $39.99
Not gonna lie, I’m almost considering buying that used Wii bundle so my mom can have my old system, on which she’s been playing Animal Crossing: City Folk for the last few years. But then I figure, I’m about halfway to a used Wii U in credit at a local video game resale store! Are any of this week’s deals appealing to you?