The last great Wii game is on its way. XSEED is answering the prayers of many Wii owners by bringing us Pandora’s Tower. It looks to be an intriguing game, and fortunately one that we won’t miss. With it coming out so soon, you may be wondering why this game is special. Well, here’s 10 things you need to know about Pandora’s Tower before you buy it.
1. Pandora’s Tower is being released in April 2013. Amazon’s saying April 16, but XSEED hasn’t confirmed if that is the definite release date.
2. It’s practically a budget release, as it will only cost $39.99. Considering most Wii games of this caliber would cost $49.99 at launch, it’s a good deal.
3. Pandora’s Tower will play on Wiis and Wii Us, so Wii U owners can use it to bolster their game library. Make sure you have a Wii Remote and Nunchuk so you can actually play it.
4. Since this is an XSEED game, expect a limited print run. Buy early, pre-order even, if you want a copy. Don’t wait for an eventual price drop or used copy. It isn’t going to happen. Odds are, the price will only go up over time.
5. Pandora’s Tower is a timed, action RPG where the hero, Aeron, goes through 13 towers on behalf of the cursed woman, Elena. Be prepared to fight quickly. Dawdling could result in a bad ending.
6. In addition to beating the hell out of monsters, there are relationship building elements. You aren’t going to get the best ending unless you’re very good to Elena. Aside from the best ending, being kind to her also gives you Affinity Rewards that will help Aeron in battle.
7. There are six different endings in Pandora’s Tower depending on Aeron’s actions and affinity with Elena. While it may be tempting to go for the super, best ending, some of the other endings are equally interesting.
8. Pandora’s Tower has a very comprehensive New Game+ option. There is a chapter select, where players can jump in from any chapter during their first run through with Elena affinity levels intact. Also, Aeron’s stats, equipment and items carry over in a New Game+ game. Also, new items can be found in towers during a second playthrough.
9. Some of the extra items appearing in New Game+ are new decorations and furniture for the Observatory in which Aeron and Elena live. Said home can also be upgraded, and the upgrades carry over to extra playthroughs.
10. Pandora’s Tower might make you cry. It’s very dramatic, with tragic moments. Have kleenex ready before you go to challenge the final boss.
There you go! You’re now better prepared for Pandora’s Tower! Consider checking out the trailer too.
Site [XSEED Games]