As much as I enjoy State of Decay, the infestation bug has taken away my enthusiasm to play the game. This bug causes the game to penalize you for infestations that aren’t located anywhere near your camp. It also causes members of your community to wander off and possibly die if they aren’t constantly rescued. Undead Labs has already submitted an update to Microsoft that fixes this and other issues as well. It’s expected to be released sometime next week.
After the update is applied, infestations in State of Decay will only impact you if they’re within 500m of your home. That means no more wandering off into the forest trying to track down pockets of hording zombies. Once you have under three infestations within 500m of your home, the quest will be cleared from your to-do list.
I’m going to wait until the patch comes out before I play State of Decay again. I’ve already lost Maya to the infestation bug. It also claimed another one of my survivors overnight when the game was turned off. I’m going to start the whole thing over because I don’t like my efforts being undermined by a bug.
Here is the full changelog. Yay for being able to punch out windshields!
- NEW: Playable characters can no longer be killed by the simulation
- Workshop now repairs weapons and vehicles at game dawn rather than the next real-world day.
- Reduced cooldown times of commands in the Radio Menu, notably Words of Encouragement, Words of Inspiration, and Medical Advice.
- NPCs no longer get stuck behind the counter or on the stairs at the gun shop in Spencer’s Mill.
- The “Too many infestations!” event will now only occur when there are too many infestations within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
- The “Too many infestations” to-do item is now cleared when there are fewer than three infestations within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
- You must now be close to the ranger station for the Memento mission scene to play. Previously you would be teleported to the station if you left before the end of the mission.
- Community members will properly interact with Facilities in your home. Previously they would stop after a period of time.
- Feral zombie now properly dodges vehicles approaching at an angle.
- NPCs will now reliably reach warehouse between Mt. Tanner and Spencer’s Mill when called to gather supplies.
- You can now punch out through the windshield of a vehicle if both doors are blocked.
- Zombies and NPCs no longer get stuck behind the grocery store in Marshall.
- NPCs now properly move to the proper location during cinematic scenes.
- Zombies no longer fall through floor in the Marshall courthouse.
- Zombies can no longer get under porch or floor at the Wilkerson’s farmhouse.
- Fixed a few rare crash bugs.
- Fixed various translations bugs.
Source [State of Decay Forums]