The much anticipated title update for State of Decay is now available on Xbox Live. The patch comes in at around 69MB and fixes some major bugs that were hindering an overall amazing experience. No longer will you constantly lose survivors due to infestations that aren’t anywhere near your home. The infestation alert will only appear if it’s located within 500m of your home. There are also some other fixes and tweaks as well.
Before the update, it was possible to lose a major playable character without even playing the game. The world in State of Decay is still going on even when the Xbox 360 is turned off. You could go to sleep and wake up to find someone like Maya dead. That’s no longer possible. Playable characters cannot be killed off in this way anymore. Undead Labs also fixed issues with zombies and characters getting stuck in floors and other parts of the environment. A new feature added to the game is the ability to punch out windshields if you can’t enter a car from the sides.
Don’t worry if you’re not getting a prompt to download the update. Undead Labs explained in a blog post that anyone who purchased State of Decay on or after June 12 received a newer version than those who downloaded it previously. Technically, there are two different versions of the game out there. They’re identical content-wise, but their version numbers are different. This means the update was only certified for the old version, and the new version will get the update in about a week.
Here is the full change log:
- Playable characters can no longer be killed by the simulation
- Workshop now repairs weapons and vehicles at game dawn rather than the next real-world day.
- Reduced cooldown times of commands in the Radio Menu, notably Words of Encouragement, Words of Inspiration, and Medical Advice.
- NPCs no longer get stuck behind the counter or on the stairs at the gun shop in Spencer’s Mill.
- The “Too many infestations!” event will now only occur when there are too many infestations within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
- The “Too many infestations” to-do item is now cleared when there is only one remaining infestation within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
- You must now be close to the ranger station for the Memento mission scene to play. Previously you would be teleported to the station if you left before the end of the mission.
- Community members will properly interact with Facilities in your home. Previously they would stop after a period of time.
- Feral zombie now properly dodges vehicles approaching at an angle.
- NPCs will now reliably reach warehouse between Mt. Tanner and Spencer’s Mill when called to gather supplies.
- You can now punch out through the windshield of a vehicle if both doors are blocked.
- Zombies and NPCs no longer get stuck behind the grocery store in Marshall.
- NPCs now properly move to the proper location during cinematic scenes.
- Zombies no longer fall through floor in the Marshall courthouse.
- Zombies can no longer get under porch or floor at the Wilkerson’s farmhouse.
- Fixed a few rare crash bugs.
- Fixed various translations bugs.
Source [Undead Labs]