Okay, now this is a game announcement not only coming out of left field, but maybe from just off-planet. Atlus has picked up the fighting game AquaPazza for the PS3. Not only that, it’s being sold both online and in-stores. Way to try and support a super risky digital and physical release, Atlus! I’m pretty proud to see the company take such a risk. I guess the company must know something I don’t.
Perhaps it’s because AquaPazza is a fighting game starring 13 playable characters and 13 partner characters, from adult visual novels from Leaf and Aquaplus. Yeah, that’s probably it. Atlus figures people who are crazy about those games will rush to see characters from Tears to Tiara, To Heart and Utawarerumono face off in a 2D fighter where pretty much anything goes. There are single player story, time attack and training modes, with the story having a second another story route with extra ending. Plus, there’s standard versus and online multiplayer.
Since the version of AquaPazza we’re getting is based on the most recent Japanese arcade version, that means a slightly larger cast list. I’m not sure who these people are, but for those who do, here are the 13 fighters.
- Arawn is from Tears to Tiara
- Hakuoro is from Utawarerumono
- Karula is from Utawarerumono
- Komaki Manaka is from To Heart
- Kousaka Tamaki is from To Heart
- Kusugawa Sasara is from To Heart
- Morgan is from Tears to Tiara
- Multi is from To Heart
- Oboro is from Utawarerumono
- Riannon is from Tears to Tiara
- Tonami Yuma is from To Heart
- Touka is from Utawarerumono
- Yuzuhara Konami is from To Heart
There’s also one secret character, from the game Kizuato, but let’s keep that one a surprise for now.
Anyways, AquaPazza will be out during the 2013 holiday season. It’ll only cost $29.99, so maybe consider taking a chance in it if you need a new 2D fighter in your life.