The holiday 2013 shopping season is coming up, which means companies are going all out to shove their products in your face to remind you they exist and you should probably consider them when shopping for gifts. Nintendo’s going the classy way with its promotional push, by starting a Nintendo Experience mall tour. It will run from August 31-November 3, 2013, making stops in malls across the US for people to see and experience new Wii U and 3DS games. To be specific, it’s a chance to try The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Wii Party U, Game & Wario, Pikmin 3, New Super Luigi U, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.
So, let’s look at the big list of dates and places where the Nintendo Experience will be. In each case, the showcase will be running from typically around 11am-9pm. In some cases, it will start later or end earlier.
- August 31- September 1: Macy’s Corridor in Briarwood Mall in Detroid, MI
- September 7-8 : Center Court in Castleton Square in Indianapolis, IN
- September 14 : Upper Caron’s Court in Orland Square in Chicago, IL
- September 15: Grand Court in Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, IL
- September 21-22 : Center Court in Southridge Mall in Milwaukee, WI
- September 25: Center Court in Southdale Center in Edina, MN
- September 28-29 : Lower Level Dilliard’s Court in Independence Center in Kansas City, KS
- October 2 : Dilliard’s Court in Woodland Hills Mall in Tulsa, OK
- October 5-6 : Entry 2 area in Grapevine Mills in Dallas, TX
- October 12-13 : Galleria IV area in Houston Galleria in Houston, TX
- October 16 : Food Court in Colorado Mills in Denver, CO
- October 19-20: Food Court or Saks Court in Arizona Mills in Tempe, AZ
- October 26: Grand Court in Great Mall in San Francisco, CA
- October 27: Grand Court in Stoneridge Shopping Center in San Francisco, CA
- November 2 : Lower Level Center Court in Brea Mall in Los Angeles, CA
- November 3 : Lower Level JoAnn’s Court in Del Amo Fashion Center in Los Angeles, CA
In addition to the Nintendo Experience, some of the spots on this tour will also be Animal Crossing: New Leaf Gatherings. Five spots throughout August and September will host this special event for mayors between noon and 4pm, to help people get extra items, StreetPass hits and visit with other players. Here’s where you need to be to take part in these meetups.
- August 31: Briarwood Mall in Detroid, MI
- September 7: Castleton Square Mall in Indianapolis, IN
- September 14: Orland Square in Chicago, IL
- September 15: Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, IL
- September 21: Southridge Mall in Milkwaukee, WI
I’ll probably be at the Woodfield AC: NL Nintendo Experience meetup!