Today was a fairly big day for 3DS owners, what with there being a Nintendo Direct going on. The announcement discussing the 3DS firmware update that would bring Nintendo Network IDs and Miiverse to the system was so huge that it merited its own story, but that’s not the only thing that came up during the presentation. Other stuff happened, and you need to know about it too.
Even though Nintendo declared this a 3DS Nintendo Direct, naturally some Wii U news snuck into the video. So here’s how this will work. There will be a 3DS list and a Wii U list, and you can read the news that pertains to you.
Before we get to that though, there’s a YouTube announcement for both consoles. First, YouTube will finally come to the 3DS in November. We don’t know exactly when, but it will make watching videos a little easier. Second, GamePad support is being added to the Wii U via a software update, so you can watch videos on the pad, and don’t need the TV.
Okay, on to the Nintendo Direct announcement lists!
Nintendo Direct 3DS Announcements
- Bravely Default will be released on February 7, 2014, and will be available in a standard version, and a collector’s edition with artbook, 34 AR cards, and soundtrack.
- Kirby: Triple Deluxe is coming to the 3DS.
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is launching November 22, 2013, for $39.99. The special 3DS XL pack with the system and game will be out the same day for $219.99. You can battle players you’ve StreetPassed within the game by talking to Gramps.
- Mario Party: Island Tour is coming November 22, 2013 and will cost $39.99. The game will have seven boards and 80 mini-games, a single player Bowser’s Tower with 30 floors of mini-games, and includes StreetPass competitions.
- Nintendo Zone Spotpass will have rereleased Animal Crossing: New Leaf DLC items between November 14-December 12, as well as a Super Mario 3D Land mystery box on November 22, 2013
- Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy will end the current Professor Layton trilogy on February 28, 2014
Nintendo Direct Wii U Announcements
- Animal Crossing Plaza will get a software update that will add stamps for posts, ranking features, and the ability to mark who lives in your Animal Crossing: New Leaf town.
- Pikmin 3‘s third Mission Mode DLC stage pack will be released on December 2, and will cost $4.99.
- Super Mario 3D World has Rosalina as a secret character and has a Luigi Bros. game mode, which can be unlocked immediately if you have played New Super Luigi U
- Wi Fit U‘s free trial is in the Wii U eShop until January 31, 2014. You can play for 31 days, and then upgrade the trial to the full version if you buy a $19.99 Fit Meter and sync it with the demo.
Source [Nintendo Direct]