In Frozen is everywhere news, the Disney Club Penguin virtual world is now hosting a Frozen Party. Frankly, I’m surprised it’s taken this long. You know, since both are Disney and everything. You’d think the company would have wanted to capitalize on this right away, but nope! Here’s an icy adventure freezing up August.
Granted, creating assets and arranging events takes time. Still, you’d have thought Frozen would have arrived in Disney Club Penguin back in March 2014, when the movie was released on DVD and Blu-ray. On the plus side, this does have the advantage of keeping it relevant. Especially since the Frozen Party lasts from August 21-September 3, 2014. It’ll keep it in kids’ minds.
Here’s a list what Disney Club Penguin players can do, either in the app or on the website, during the Frozen Party.
- Collect Elsa’s snowflakes to unlock Olaf and Marshmallow transformations.
- Olaf and Marshmallow transformations allow players to freeze items.
- Members can get Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, Olaf, and Sven costumes for penguins.
- Snowman Puffles can be created.
- Ice Palace-themed igloos will be available to decorate.
- Elsa’s Ice Palace igloo will appear in the game, and “Let It Go” will be played inside of it.
It’s not a huge event, but I’m sure Frozen fans will be pleased.
Site [Disney Club Penguin]