No one wants to own more controllers than necessary for their games. It’s can be a hassle to unplug one controller for another just to play a game especially with the PlayStation 3 console.
So when a new compatible “Front Man” guitar was announced that could be used with both Rock Band and Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, fans of both games were pleasantly surprised when Nyko unveiled the product a CES 2008.
Nyko Technologies, founded in 1995, develops and manufactures peripherals specializing in interactive entertainment, computing, consumer electronics, portable audio, as well as online and wireless technologies.
The tentative release date is in March 2008, according to 1UP. If legal matters between Rock Star and Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock are not solved by then, gamers may never get a chance to use the new guitar.
The features of the “Front Man” are impressive . Other than being compatible with Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock and Rock Band it also includes:
- Up to 80 hours of continuous play time from three AA batteries
- Wireless technology for cordless gaming up to 25 ft. away
- Built-in tilt sensor & responsive whammy bar
- Bi-directional strum bar
- Responsive and durable fret buttons
- Interchangeable pick guard for custom look
- Unique directional pad design for convenient menu navigation
- Effects switch for Rock Band play