With all of the frivolous, borderline shovelware, games that get released on the Wii, it’s a joy to hear about a quality publisher creating solid games for the system. Capcom just released an investor briefing that details the “strategies” and “plans” for the company between now and March 31, 2010.
It reveals two striking Wii revelations. The first is that Capcom is working on nine Wii games. The second is that one of those nine games is going to be Monster Hunter 3 (Tri-). We know six of the nine games at the moment, the other three are still mysteries.
Here’s when we can expect the six games we know about:
- Monster Hunter 3 (Tri-) – Summer 2009 release in Japan, Fiscal Year 2009 in North America/Europe
- Monster Hunter G – April 23, 2009 release in Japan
- Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles – scheduled for 4th Quarter 2009 release in North America, TBA in Japan
- Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil – December 25, 2008 release in Japan, scheduled for June 23, 2009 release in North America and June 25, 2009 release in Australia
- Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil 0 – July 10, 2008 release in Japan, scheduled for 4th Quarter 2009 release in North America
- Spyborgs – scheduled to be released in 2009 in North America
So let’s play guess the three mystery games! Seems like Capcom’s relying heavily on established series lately. Perhaps there could be a Street Fighter IV port lurking in the wings? Or should we all start hoping that Capcom is going to take a chance and bring Tatsunoko vs. Capcom to North America and Europe? There’s also a distinct lack of Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet on the Wii as well.