Today is one of those special days. It’s September 9, 2009. Seems ordinary enough, unless you look at it like this: 9/9/09. People are throwing special parties, the movie 9 opens in theaters today, Apple’s releasing the Beatles’ music catalog digitally today, Beatles Rock Band debuts and a select number of people believed that the world could possibly end today. (Since you’re reading this, that last one probably didn’t happen.)
To help you get in the nine mood today, Gamertell’s put together a list of some “nine” games that you can pick up and play today. After all, something like this doesn’t happen every day, and it’s a great way to commemorate the date!
Here are some games with the number 9 in them that you can pick up (or download) and play:
- Garfield and His Nine Lives (GBA): A platformer starring the popular cartoon cat.
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: There are quite a few DS9 related video games out there you could play to celebrate. Dust off your Genesis or SNES and get out Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Crossroads of Time. (Its really good!) Mac owners could play Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Harbinger or The Fallen. PC owners could also pick up those games, or Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Dominion Wars.
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Knights of the Nine (PC, Xbox 360): Speaking of possibilities for PC owners, you can pick up Bethesda’s The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion RPG expansion. Xbox 360 owners could use today to catch up with this game as well.
- Armored Core: Nine Breaker (PS2): Perhaps today would be a good day to have some fun building and battling mechs.
- X-Plane 9 (iPhone/iPod Touch): You could spend the day, or your lunch break, enjoying a nice imaginary flight.
- Nine Inch Nails Revenge (iPhone/iPod Touch): Or, iPhone owners who are music lovers could go for the Nine Inch Nails special version of the msic game Tap Tap Revenge.
- NineGaps (iPhone/iPod Touch): Or, go educational. Put your brain to the test and play a number puzzle game on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Mega Man 9 (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii): 9/9/09 seems like a good day to help Mega Man restore Dr. Light’s good name and face off against rogue robots.
- Ninety-Nine Nights (Xbox 360): If all else fails, a solid beat ’em up game and hack-and-slash game like Ninety-Nine Nights would be a perfect way to commemorate the day.
Of course, this is only scratching the surface of available “9” games. You could also pick up Final Fantasy IX (PS1), Department 42: Mystery of the Nine (PC), 9th Company: Roots of Terror (PC), Kengo: Legend of the 9 (Xbox 360), 9: The Last Resort (PC), Ultima IX: Ascension (PC) or Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX (PC, PS2). Or, you could always kick back and listen to some Nine Inch Nails or something off of Damien Rice’s 9 album while reading Andrzej Stasiuk’s 9.