Let’s say you’ve played a lot of Final Fantasy XI, but you also want to participate in Final Fantasy XIV when it comes out on September 30, 2010. Should you cancel one of your subscriptions and create an all new account? The good news is you won’t have to. In fact, Square Enix has a few incentives prepared for gamers who continue subscribing to both games.
First lets talk discounts. If you currently have a Final Fantasy XI account, your monthly fee will be reduced to $7.00 per month as long as your Square Enix account remains the same for Final Fantasy XIV. However there are some restrictions to this offer as outlined by a Square Enix press release.
Restrictions are as follows:
- Applies only to FINAL FANTASY XI subscriptions that are paid for by credit card
- The discount will not be applied when the FINAL FANTASY XIV subscription is in its free period, as determined on the 25th of each month
- Does not apply to FINAL FANTASY XI accounts during their free trial period
- Only applies to one FINAL FANTASY XI account for each FINAL FANTASY XIV service account
- Only applies to the base monthly subscription and does not affect add-on content
- This offer will remain in effect until January 2011
- For example, if a Square Enix Account has two FINAL FANTASY XIV service accounts and three FINAL FANTASY XI accounts, then the discount would only apply to two of the three FINAL FANTASY XI accounts
The second bonus is an in-game item called Hermes Shoes. This item will be available at the start of Final Fantasy XIV. Any character you create will have access to Hermes Shoes. As with the discount, your Final Fantasy XI account must be linked to Final Fantasy XIV before creating a character in order for this to work.
The third and final bonus is the ability to transfer your character’s name from Final Fantasy XI to Final Fantasy XIV. You don’t have to use the same name if you don’t want to, but the option is there. If you choose to do this, your Final Fantasy XIV character name will be the combination of your character’s name in Final Fantasy XI and the world name they reside in. For example, if your character’s name is Cloud and they reside in Siren, their final name in FFXIV will be Cloud Siren. Confused yet? We don’t blame you.
These bonuses are on for the PC version of FFXIV. PS3 bonuses will be announced later.
Site [Final Fantasy XIV]