This week’s PlayStation Plus feature isn’t a game but a discounted 2-year extended protection plan for PlayStation 3 owners. PlayStation 3 systems already come with a 1-year manufacturer warranty effective when purchased but this plan will add an additional 2-year manufacturer warranty which includes primarily the same protection offered in the original manufacturer warranty and starts as soon as the original warranty expires.
The Protection Plans are available to PlayStation Plus Members at a 25% discount but please note that PlayStation Plus members wishing to purchase this plan must be within the first year of the original warranty to take advantage of the plan. Check out the plan and what’s included with service:
- Two-Year Protection Plan (PS3/Regular Price $59.99/PlayStation Plus Price $44.99)
- No out-of-pocket expenses for claims that meet the qualifications for service.
- Pre-paid shipping box for systems that require service.
- Direct access to PlayStation Support customer service specialists.
Here’s What Else is New for PlayStation Plus Members
- Mushroom Wars (PS3/PlayStation Plus Price Free)
- PSOne Classic: 2Xtreme (PS3/PlayStation Plus Price Free)
- Vempires (PSP/PlayStation Plus Price Free)
- Soldner- X2 : Final Prototype (PS3/Original Price $12.99/PlayStation Plus Price $9.09)
- Soldner-X2: Final Prototype + Soldner-X: Himmelstrurmer Bundle (PS3/Original Price $17.99/PlayStation Plus Price $10.79)
PLEASE NOTE: The above offers are exclusive to PlayStation Plus. To participate in these exclusive offers players must be 18 years of age or older and must purchase a PlayStation Plus membership (a three-month subscription package is $17.99 and a one-year subscription package for $49.99.)