Performance Designed Products has a special treat for those who choose to buy Call of Duty: Black Ops for the Wii. The company has produced what it claims is the first and only headset that can be used with Black Ops on that platform. The Call of Duty: Black Ops Headbanger Chat Headset will be available in October for $24.99.
Nintendo and Activision have both signed off on the licensing rights for PDP to create the headset. The Headbanger Chat Headset can also be used with Conduit 2 when it releases in 2011. The purpose of this headset is to keep your team in check during multiplayer matches. I know we usually don’t think about the Wii in terms of online multiplayer, but that doesn’t mean the Wii can’t have nice things. Features of this product include a noise canceling microphone, a really big mute button and a cord that stretches ten feet long.
Here are some additional features that were provided to us by PDP.
- Seamless, high-quality online chat for Wii gamers
- High-quality, noise cancelling microphone and earpiece
- Usable on either ear with no need for adjustment
- Aesthetically matched to the Wii console and accessories
- Mute button and volume control integrated into earpiece
- LED indicators for system live and mute functions
- Adjustable, flexible microphone boom for maximum comfort
PDP also creates peripherals for other consoles. You may remember the custom Tron controllers that were introduced a while back. PDP also makes a mounting clip for the PlayStation Eye camera. However there is another way to keep your camera from falling off the television. Try relaxing the thickest part of the cord coming from the back of the PlayStation Eye on your TV. It should be enough to keep the camera in place. If that doesn’t work, just put the camera at the bottom of the TV.
CoD: Black Ops comes out on November 9, 2010.