If you haven’t, by some unlikely chance, done any of your holiday shopping, then Walmart wants to try and get your business. If you stop by Walmart.com, you’ll find a banner heralding last-minute online specials that are both cheap and desirable. There are plenty of items that would be perfect for gamers, and Walmart’s sale page is even promising $10 one to two day delivery, to help make sure your potential gift gets there by December 25, 2010.
Be careful when looking at the custom DS bundle and PSP bundle deals. In both cases, they’re not really on sale. Walmart just gives you the option of buying a system and a game, which may or may not be cheaper than normal, at the same time. The real handheld deal in this sale is the DSi. It’s $149.99 and comes with a free $20 Walmart.com eGift card code that you can use on a future purchase.
The games are what you should be looking at, as all the games listed on the sale page are reduced. Here’s a full list of what’s available.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops (Xbox 360) – $49.96
- Halo Reach (Xbox 360) – $47.54
- Madden NFL 11 (PS3, Xbox 360) – $39.96 for PS3, $37.99 for Xbox 360
- Mario Kart Wii (Wii) with wheel – $39.96
- Medal of Honor (PS3, Xbox 360) – $39.96
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (PS3, Xbox 360) – $39.96
- New Super Mario Bros (Wii) – $39.96
There’s also an EA Wii game promotion going on at Walmart.com. If you buy two select games, you pay $50 for both, regardless of what the normal price of both games is. Here’s a list of Wii games you can get with this deal.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
- Hasbro Family Game Night 3
- Monopoly Streets
- NBA Jam
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
Walmart.com also has a lot of HDTVs on sale online. Most of them have a free shipping option, if you choose to have them shipped to your home, which makes the deal even better. Remember, while it may be tempting to buy one of these on impulse, an HDTV is the kind of purchase you want to research a bit first. Make sure the TV you’re getting is one that would be good for your or the recipient’s home.
- Phillips 19″ LCD HDTV – $149.99
- Samsung 19″ LCD HDTV – $221
- Sony Bravia 22″ LCD HDTV – $268
- Sony Bravia 32″ LCD HDTV – $448
- Viore 13″ LCD HDTV – $109
- Viore 19″ LCD/LED HDTV – $137
- Viore 24″ LCD/LED HDTV – $229
- Viore 32″ LCD HDTV – $289
- Vizio 26″ LCD HDTV – $259
Walmart.com doesn’t say how long these sales will last, so if you need a quick gift for someone you may have accidentally forgot, check the website before Christmas Eve.