As entertaining as seeing dragons flying backwards was, it’s time for them to say goodbye. Bethesda has released update version 1.3 for Skyrim on Xbox 360. This patch is also supposed to fix the issue players have been experiencing with magic resistances. Basically, they had none. A mage or dragon could kill you in one hit in some cases. The patch for the PS3 is not up at the moment, but hopefully it will be very soon.
The PS3 version is also still suffering from a bug that cripples the game’s framerate. The larger the save file gets, the more unstable Skyrim becomes. I experienced this one time while raiding a fort filled with Stormcloaks. I suppose the number of bodies on screen at once, along with a save file that is over 10MBs, caused everything to become a jerky mess. This hasn’t happened to me since that battle, but there are still some lag-filled moments every now and then.
You’ll find the release notes for the patch below.
- General stability improvements
- Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles
- Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly
- Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes
- Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading
- Fixed Y-look input to scale correctly with framerate
Update: The PS3 patch is available in Europe.
Update #2: The North American PS3 patch is available too.