Last year, Sony decided to kick off 2011 by holding an 11 for ’11 sale on the PlayStation Store, where 11 games were temporarily reduced to get people shopping and spending those holiday gift cards. It must have done well, because the 12 for ’12 sale is starting on January 17, 2012. (Yes, that’s tomorrow!) Sony has picked 12 big PSN downloads and will cut the price until January 23, 2012.
This is actually a good opportunity for people, because the discounts are pretty substantial. If you’re a general PSN user, 30% will be taken off of the price of each game. However, if you’re a member of PSN+ than the price of each game has been cut in half. You can end up getting $10 games for just under $5.
Here’s the full list of what will be available.
- Bloodrayne: Betrayal – $10.49, $7.34 for PSN+
- Cubixx HD – $6.99, $4.89 for PSN+
- Dungeon Defenders – $10.49, $7.34 for PSN+
- Eufloria – $6.99, $4.89 for PSN+
- Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection – $6.99, $4.89 for PSN+
- Okabu – $10.49, $7.34 for PSN+
- Payday: The Heist – $13.99, $9.79 for PSN+
- Pixeljunk SideScroller – $6.99, $4.89 for PSN+
- Rochard – $6.99, $4.89 for PSN+
- Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken – $8.39, $5.87 for PSN+
- Sideway New York – $6.99, $4.89 for PSN+
- Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition – $10.49, $7.34 for PSN+
You know, I’m seriously thinking about picking up Eufloria or BloodRayne: Betrayal. Eufloria because I could use a relaxing adventure/puzzle game along the lines of flow or Flower and BloodRayne: Betrayal because anything WayForward makes is pure awesome-sauce. Decisions, decisions!
Read [PlayStation Blog]