EA will also make use of the cover voting that’s been popular in Madden and other games. The quarterback often called RG3 will share the cover with another athlete. You can vote for your favorite at the NCAA Football 13 Facebook page.
The candidates are:
- Former University of Southern California running back Marcus Allen
- Former Boston College quarterback Doug Flutie
- former Ohio State University running back Eddie George
- Former University of Michigan wide receiver Desmond Howard
- Former Oklahoma State University running back Barry Sanders
- Former University of Georgia running back Herschel Walker
- Former Florida State University quarterback Charlie Ward
- Former University of Houston quarterback Andre Ware
Griffin threw for 36 touchdowns in 2011 en route to the Heisman, awarded to college football’s best player. RG 3 is the first Baylor player ever to win the coveted award. He also picked up the Davey O’ Brien Trophy for being the best quarterback in college football. He was one of the most exciting players in the game, and EA is acknowledging that by with the cover nod.
He’s skipping his senior season to enter the NFL draft, much to the delight of struggling teams and their supporters. As awesome as Griffin’s arm is, it’s his rushing ability that has NFL teams ready to make him the face of their franchise. He ran a 4.41 second 40-yard dash at the NFL combine over the weekend, a move that likely earned him a few million dollars.
Should Griffin keep up that level of play on Sunday afternoons, there’s likely a Madden NFL cover in his future too.
Site [EA Sports]