You may want to free up some time next week or the week after. Or at the very least, schedule a Diablo III break. Some independent game developers have decided to celebrate the fact that they have complete control over their games and are free to sell them for whatever they like. Which means they’ll be drastically dropping the prices on their games sold on Steam, Google Play, iTunes, the Mac App Store or their official sites for one week for Because We May. I’d make sure you have some money in your Steam Wallet or iTunes wallet between May 24 and June 1, 2012.
The Because We May website has just opened and is already giving visitors an idea of what they can expect next week. There are six sections open showing which games will be available at reduced prices either from the developers, iTunes, Google Play, Steam or other sites. The only thing that isn’t revealed is what the sale prices will be. I’d keep an eye on the other stores section, as Xbox 360 and Windows Phone 7 games are showing up there.
Here are a few of the best games that will be part of the sale:
- And Yet It Moves (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Anomaly Warzone Earth (Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android)
- Avadon: The Black Fortress (Windows, Mac, iPad, Android)
- The Binding of Isaac (Windows, Mac)
- Bit.Trip Beat (Windows, Mac)
- Bit.Trip Runner (Windows, Mac)
- Blocks That Matter (Xbox 360)
- Braid (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Cave Story (Windows, Mac)
- Costume Quest (Windows)
- DeathSpank (Mac)
- Eufloria (Windows, iPad)
- Flying Hamster HD (iPad)
- NyxQuest (Windows, Mac)
- Psychonauts (Windows, Mac)
- Osmos (Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android)
- Stacking (Windows)
- Super Meat Boy (Windows, Mac)
- Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP (iOS)
- Swords & Soldiers (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android)
- World of Goo (Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android)
- Zen Bound 2 (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android)
If you’re an indie developer, you can also join in Because We May at the site. People can jump on the bandwagon and register before May 22, 2012 to take part.
Call me crazy, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed for Minecraft. It’s not on the list yet, but I’m hoping I could jump in at a reduced price. Minecraft: Pocket Edition isn’t enough for me anymore!
Site [Because We May]