We’ve put together a bulletpoint list that summarizes the answers Uhrman provided to Reddit readers. There’s a chance a question you have about Ouya was answered during the hour-long session.
Ouya is scheduled to arrive on a mass scale in 2013. Developer builds of Ouya should go out this December.
- There is a possibility Ouya will promote games based on their usage and not through sales
- A web browser at launch may not happen
- Developers can make their games connect to whatever server they choose
- Promo codes for giveaways and reviews may not be available at launch
- There are no definitive plans for a follow-up to Ouya at this time
- Third-party peripherals such as controllers, keyboards and mice will be supported
- There are plans (but no launch window) for community features such as friends lists and trophies
- Ouya tie-ins with other Android devices is a possibility
- Sideloading APKs is supported
- The Ouya controller does not have an accelerometer or gyroscope
- Ouya will try to update the Android operating system when Google releases new versions (they all say that)
- Ouya is talking to retailers about selling its product
- Paid games through Ouya will need to be authenticated with servers to prevent piracy