If you’re tempted by those new Genelec G Three active loudspeakers we reported on earlier this week, but want for a little more bottom end in your speaker system, the company has you covered with two new F Series Active Subwoofers specifically designed to complement the G Series line. The new F One and F Two subwoofers sport aluminum and steel construction and a clean, domed aesthetic courtesy of award-winning designer Harri Koskinen that’s a far cry from the typical big-black-box sub enclosure.
The F One features one active six-inch woofer and bass extension down to 35 Hz, whereas the F Two delivers eight inches’ worth of driver and reaches down to 27 Hz. Both models are down-firing and also feature connections and bass management for multichannel systems with up to 5.1 channels, as well as all of the knobs and tools you’ll need to dial in the right bass performance for your listening environment. Both the F One and F Two are available in your choice of either black or white finish.
Full specs are as follows:
F One Specifications:
- Maximum sound pressure: 98 dB @ 1 m.
- Frequency response: 35 – 85/120 Hz (± 3 dB).
- Phase correcting: 0 to -270° (90°/step).
- Driver: 6 1/2”.
- Amplifier power: 40 W.
- Dimensions: Height x Diameter 9.88″ x 12.01″ (251 x 305 mm).
- Weight: 13.89 lb (6.3 kg).
F Two Specifications:
- Maximum sound pressure: 102 dB @ 1 m.
- Frequency response: 27 – 85/120 Hz ± 3 dB.
- Phase correcting: 0 – 270° (90° steps).
- Driver: 8”.
- Amplifier power: 150 W.
- Dimensions: Height x Diameter 11.81″ x 14.25″ (300 x 362 mm).
- Weight: 21.61 lb (9.8 kg).