The global market research company J.D. Power today released a study that shows Samsung, LG, and Vizio rank among the highest in customer satisfaction when purchasing a high-definition television. Samsung is rated the highest in both smaller than 50-inch and larger than 50-inch televisions.
According to the report, customers are shopping on price when purchasing a smaller TV, whereas large TV purchasers are more likely to research brands and features before purchasing.
The research is based on responses of more than 4,000 customers who purchased an HDTV in the past 12 months, fielded in June 2014.
The overall findings are as listed:
· Overall customer satisfaction with an HDTV smaller than 50 inches is 844 (on a 1,000-point scale).
· Overall customer satisfaction with an HDTV 50 inches or larger is 870.
· Among customers who purchased an HDTV that is 50 inches or larger, picture quality and price are cited most often as the reasons for their selection (62%). Among customers who purchased an HDTV smaller than 50 inches, price (73%) is the leading reason, followed by screen size (53%).
· The report finds that among customers who purchased a 50-inch or larger HDTV, 32 percent visited the retailer’s website, compared with 26 percent among those who purchased an HDTV smaller than 50 inches.
· Both groups of customers indicate that the in-store display was their primary source of information during the shopping process, with approximately half indicating they relied primarily on the in-store displays.
· The report finds that 72 percent of customers with HDTVs 50 inches or larger and 37 percent of those with HDTVs smaller than 50 inches have a smart TV. In comparison, 35 percent of customers with HDTVs 50 inches or larger and 11 percent of those with HDTVs smaller than 50 inches have a 3D TV.