For music lovers looking for away to expand and enhance their listening experience, Sonos has announced its newest application: the Sonos Controller for iPad, which should be available as a free download on the iTunes App Store in late August.
The new controller will be packed with features designed to make listening to music more enjoyable and easier to access via the iPad: music can be dragged and dropped from any playlist to any Sonos ZoneBridge or ZonePlayer product. iPad owners can also access music playlists stored on their computers, and access to free internet radio stations or any internet music services such as Pandora, Last.FM, or iTunes (to name a few) without a computer. Other features include:
- Landscape and Portrait modes.
- Ability to connect and play music from an iPod or MP3 player connected to a Sonos ZonePlayer.
- Multi-room Playback Options.
- Ability to monitor and control what music is playing in which room as well as adjust the volume.
- Ability to loop or change the music without interrupting the playback option.
- Listen to thousands of pre-loaded radio stations free of charge.
- Not only listen to the music, but read detailed information about the music you are listening to.
- Ability to access music libraries either via personal computer or browse music through online services from the iPad.
Of course, you’ll need a Sonos Multi-room Music System to make it all work. Although the iPad controller won’t be ready until late August, those anxious to see the controller in action check out this Sonos Controller for iPad demonstration video:
Image and Video Source: [Courtesy of Sonos.com]
For more information, visit Sonos.com