If you’re a Dish Network subscriber and use the ViP 722 series DVR, or have snagged yourself a Slingbox adapter, your phone or tablet is about to get really, really cool. By downloading the DISH Remote Access App, not only do you have ultimate control over your entire system from your handset, but you can take your TV anywhere you go. You can Sling both DVR and live programming over your choice of Wi-Fi or 3G at the tap of a screen. The service is also compatible with existing Sling applications, but this has the benefit of being free, instead of $30 for the mobile apps.
Compatibility breakdown is as follows:
* iPhone® & iPod touch®: Watch your TV on your iPhone’s Retina display. You can download the app now through the iTunes Store®.
* iPad™ (TV viewing coming soon on iOS 4.2): Catch your favorite TV shows, live and in HD, on the iPad’s crystal-clear 9.7 inch screen. The DISH Remote Access app is currently available through the iTunes Store and will soon be updated to provide full-screen TV viewing for the iPad.
* Android™: DISH Network offers full support for the fastest-growing smartphone OS in the world. DISH Remote Access for Android devices is available for 4.3-inch display smartphones and tablets, and can be downloaded through the Android Market using your device.
* Windows® & Mac® Computers: DISH Remote Access allows high-definition TV viewing on Windows and Mac systems. DISH Network subscribers can log in to DISH Remote Access at DISH Network’s website to use the service.
* BlackBerry®: DISH Remote Access means your BlackBerry is no longer just for business, unless your business is watching your TV anywhere and anytime. The beta app is available for Bold (Models 9700 & 9000) and Curve (Models 8520 & 8900) through the TV Everywhere section on DISH Network’s website.