Game of Thrones is so popular that stores are actually willing to lose money for the privilege of being the ones to sell it to you. Target leads the pack in the scramble sell the most copies of the upcoming Complete Second Season Blu-ray release, advertising a low, low $29.99 sale price, plus a bonus disc in their Sunday circular (although the price is still $39.99, with no mention of exclusive goodies, on Target’s website). If twenty minutes of GRRM interviews or making a trip to the store don’t float your boat, Amazon.com has matched that insane price, and it’s available now.
For the cost of two months of HBO, you get more than two months’ worth of Game of Thrones in this second season set. Like the reissue of the first season, this one is a combo BD/DVD/digital set, with extras including:
- War of the Five Kings – Track the claims, strategies and key players involved in the battle for the Iron Throne with this interactive guide that follows the movements of various armies detailing their victories and defeats.
- Histories & Lore – 19 animated histories detailing the mythology of Westeros and Essos as told from the varying perspectives of the characters themselves and featuring, in-part, illustrations from Game of Thrones storyboard artist Will Simpson.
- In-Episode Guide – In-feature resource that provides background information about on-screen characters, locations and relevant histories.
- Hidden Dragon Eggs – Find the hidden dragon eggs to uncover even more never-before-seen content.
- Creating the Battle of Blackwater Bay – See how the epic Battle of Blackwater Bay was brought to life in this exclusive, in-depth, behind-the-scenes look at the climatic episode. The 30 minute feature showcases never-before-seen interviews with cast and crew.
- Game of Thrones: Inner Circle – Actors Emilia Clarke, Kit Harington, Lena Headey, Michelle Fairley and Liam Cunningham talk in detail about their experiences shooting season two in this roundtable discussion moderated by executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss.
- The Religions of Westeros – Hear author George R.R. Martin, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss discuss the competing religions in the series and how they influence the various characters in Westeros and beyond.
- Character Profiles – Profiles of seven major characters as described by the actors portraying them including Renly Baratheon, Stannis Baratheon, Robb Stark, Theon Greyjoy and more.
- Audio Commentaries – 12 commentaries with cast and crew including David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, George R.R. Martin, Emilia Clarke, Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington and more.
This price definitely won’t last long, and certainly won’t be repeated soon, so snag your pre-order today.