If you’re in the market for a WiFi-enabled thermostat that’s not The Nest or Ecobee, a new offering from Savant might fit the bill. The SST-W100 controls HVAC systems within residential or commercial systems and works with one- and two-stage control of forced air, radiant, and heat pump systems.
The SST-W100 needs only standard wiring at its mounting location and communicates wirelessly with the Savant SmartSystem controllers. Multiple Savant thermostats can also be networked via WiFi, allowing adjustments from any SST-W100. Savant has also developed the TrueControl iPad app for programming and control of the thermostat. TrueControl directs the SST-W100 to automatically adjust based on outside temperature, season, or the time of day.
Key features of the SST-W100 include:
- Wi-Fi (802.11) enabled thermostat
- Supports standard or heat pump HVAC systems
- Includes 128 x 64 backlit graphical display
- Local temperature displays on backlit LCD
- Setpoint display and control
- System mode (off, auto, heat, and cool)
- Fan display and control (auto, manual, and on)
- Six buttons with on-screen labels
- Fahrenheit or Celsius modes
- Optional remote sensors
- Integrates easily with TrueControl™
- Automatically sends changes, so there is no polling
Details on pricing and availability are not available at this time. Further details should be forthcoming from Savant.