D-Link has announced several enhancements to its mydlink portal and Cloud Cameras app, making it easier than ever for users to remotely monitor their homes or small offices. Offering advanced new features to its award-winning line of mydlink-enabled Cloud Cameras, D-Link now offers easier configuration on its mydlink portal and enhanced remote capabilities via the mydlink+ and free mydlink Lite app.
All of the enhancements aim to make monitoring and control of Cloud Cameras faster and easier than ever. Highlights of the enhancements include:
- Easy Portal Configuration: The mydlink portal now enables users to update motion and audio detectionsettings, including recording schedules and setting noise thresholds, directly on the mydlink portal without having to go through advanced settings.
- Remote Video Playback: Users can play back video stored on the SD card housed in the camera (for select cameras) to multiple mobile devices, as well as configure recording schedules and override options in the event the SD card is full.
- Two-Way Audio: Users can now speak and hear through a mobile device to select D-Link Cloud Cameras that support two-way audio, including the Cloud Camera 1200 (DCS-942L) and Cloud Camera 2200 (DCS-2132L).
- Remote Pan and Tilt: For added remote flexibility, users of the Cloud Camera 5000 (DCS-5222L) can also pan and tilt live camera video from a mobile device.
- Device Rename: Easily rename the mydlink-enabled device from the mobile app or portal – a useful feature if you relocated the device to a new or temporary location and want to easily identify the device.
- Re-order Device Listing: Simple drag and drop interface allows users with multiple mydlink-enabled devices to show devices in the order of their preference.
The mydlink Lite app is free and available now via the Apple App Store or the Google Play store. The updated mydlink+ app, which offers expanded tablet support and a multi- camera monitoring dashboard, will be available in June for via the Apple App Store or the Google Play store.