URC is being coy, and the announcement isn’t entirely official yet, but the company’s latest newsletter makes it pretty clear that the Total Control Mobile app is coming to Android devices, and will make its debut at CEDIA Expo 2013:
We promised to keep this big news secret until CEDIA, but we’re really itchin’ to let the cat out of the barn. So we’ll just give you a few hints and see if you can guess. If you guess, we really didn’t tell you, right? Okay, here goes.
1. What’s small and green and sort of rhymes with Pink Floyd?
2. The 1982 movie Blade Runner was based on the short story Do _______ Dream of Electric Sheep? written by science fiction writer Philip K. Dick (1928-1982).
3. What telephone operating system is the most popular worldwide?
4. What do Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean all have in common?
Give up? Well then, dang it, you’ll just have to wait until the CEDIA issue of our newsletter to find out.
If you’re still scratching your head, the answers are:
3. Blackberry (I’m just kidding, it’s Android).
Which doesn’t leave a lot of room for speculation, does it? Of course, to make use of the app you’ll need not only an Android phone or tablet, but a URC Total Control home automation system, too. If the app does, in fact, debut at CEDIA and differs significantly from the existing iOS version, I’ll give you guys the scoop from the show floor.